Walesy

Bell Insurance

Thought I'd stick a thread up to say what a great experience I've had with these, my rado was written off about 10 days ago and they've been absolutely brilliant with dealing with everything. I've had a top of the range courtesy car since the day after the accident, they've given me a very fair amount and have paid out promptly (helped by the fact that the 3rd party admitted liability) They've been excellent on the phone dealing with any inquiries I've had, they've answered the phone within a few rings EVERY time i've tried ringing them, all round they've been spot on - the best bit is that I've just had another competitive quote from them on our new car, cheaper than pretty much everyone else I've tried.

The only thing worth mentioning, is that it is their policy to not allow customers to buy back their salvage - this hasn't particularly bothered me so I haven't kicked up a fuss, but it may bother some people.

10/10 from me :)

Good post Dave :salute:

I used Bell years and years ago but I think I moved away from them as they were awful with anything remotely modified.

Just done a quick test using the Evo and Bell quote £426 with protected NCB and £250 excess. I last renewed with Elephant (who are strangely part of the same Admiral group that Bell belong to!!) in November using all the same criteria and that was £520.

So it looks like I could pocket £100 if I go back to Bell when I renew. Can't argue with that ... and it sounds like they CS is pretty good as well.

I owe you a pint :)

Yeah, I should have mentioned that the rado was bog standard and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't interested in modified cars, but it seems to be a growing trend on here to keep the cars standard so it may come in useful for some :)

The icing on the cake was the new quote, you'd think that after a big accident and claim (albeit a non-fault one) they'd be quite expensive, but they were only £20 odd more than the cheapest quote I got, so I've gone with them again due to the quality experience we've just had with them - as much as it's natural to go for the cheapest quote insurance wise, having just been through a claim it's just as important to choose a company that is good in the event of an accident as well as providing a decent price :)

they just quoted me £1226 for my Vr6 , a tad more than the two quotes i have for just over £400 !!!!