fla

"an add-on for this website... "how to deal with?

I keep getting this pop-up bar saying 'an add-on for this website failed to run, please check your security settings.......' I ahve checked these and all is ok. I remember i found a solution to this where someone suggested ticking/unticking a certain box, but i just can't find that particular site anyone even less so the box that was ticked/unticked. Computer whizzos please advise!!

any suggestions? It does this continuously on the forum, plus quite a few other sites. Very irritating...

It's probably because the site needs a script to run and your firewall settings are preventing it being run. Firstly check for any viruses in case the script isn't legit. So do a full scan. Then if everything is ok go into your firewall and try lowering the security settings and see if that works if you haven't tried that (have you changed them recently?)

thanks. Done all that, but there was something needing to be checked or unchecked and i just cant remember what it was...

A screenshot might help?

Have you looked in Internet Explorer tools, Internet options, programs tab, manage add-ons to see if anything is disabled? Try enabling one at a time and seeing if it makes a difference.

Try this. From the Tools menu choose 'Pop- up Blocker then from the sub menu choose Pop-up Blocker settings. In the window that appears type in the address of the forum and click on the add button. That allows all pop ups to the site to do their thing.