Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Brakes

Hello,

i need some new brakes, am running std G60 ones t the moment but they are not coping well, since i have it tuned. i have been looking into the brembo setup and the group buy (which i think isnt happening anymore) what would you guys recommend, also where would be the best and cheapest place to go and buy the brembo setup...

Thanks in advance

Dunno about cheapest, but for sheer ease, I got mine from Badger5... came with everything you need all in one nice big box... 8)

tarox do a 6 and 10 pot caliper that fits a VR, might do 1 that fits a G60 aswell.... u don't need after market wheels for them to fit either...... apparently :roll:

Get the Seat brembos (4 pot and 305mm discs) Badger5 as Henry said is the best place to get them from, around £400-500 for everything I think.

cheers guys,

how do i get in contact with badger5,,,,,, also is there any other brand such as tarox or black diamond that do a cheaper alternative has im not intending to tune the car to a serious level just prob over 200bhp ish

However you do have to either buy new caliper bolts or cut down the standard ones

Which only takes a couple of minutes to do, and you only need to take off about 5 or 6mm 8) (I'd forgotten about this until I test fitted mine today! :roll: )

When I bought mine in December they were £468 all in Inc. delivery... 8)

They're a doddle to fit too... 8)

Do make sure that they will fit inside your wheels though! I've had to use an 8mm spacer to get my 16x7.5 Borbet C alloys to clear the calipers... :|

If you know someone who has a set of these fitted, ask them nicely if you can try one of your wheels on their car so that you'll know it'll fit properly... 16VG60 did this for me when I went to pick my block up from him, so I knew they'd fit, but it was still a bit scarey seeing them on for the first time... there's not a lot of clearance with a 16" wheel! :crazyeyes:

ive got 17x7 so i think i should be alright??????? is there any sort of other alternatives coz i think the brembos setup might be a bit too much for me...although they are very very tempting

tarox do a 6 and 10 pot caliper that fits a VR, might do 1 that fits a G60 aswell.... u don't need after market wheels for them to fit either...... apparently :roll:

They do have tarox 6 pots on my g60 with 312mm discs

Sandy

I bought a set of discs,calipers,bolts and brackets for around 280 pounds + vat at my local seat dealer. Should be the same in other dealers.

don;t muck about with tarox, seat use brembo as standard for a reason, infact loads of manufacture's use brembo, all for a good reason, there bloody brillient and for under £500, it really shouldn't be a problem, remember never skint on the brakes. they will last the life of the car, once there done. just enjoy them, 8) and negative -g's are just as fun as the positve, and a damed sight cheaper to get. i've had miine on for over a year, the pads look like new the disks are as good, no bluing at all. replacents are cheap, even from seat. and euro car parts and gsf are going so stock parts for them soon, even cheaper. do it , you'll never regret it, even if it means saving thart bit longer., as for so space, it's not the diameter that the real prob althou 16" are the min. it's the cailper clearance to the spokes, i 've got bbs rc in 17" and 35 or 38 et, they JUST fit, about 3mm between them :shock: