Schnell34

VR6 no start help!

So long story short i bought this car from this guy a while ago ran fine no problem other that the fuel would cut out everyone once in awhile and he told me that the fuel sending unit was going out... so one day driving home with a 1/4 tank of fuel it died on me. i tried restarting it but it was a no go. So towed it back to my place where it has sat for a month due to lack of funds to fix it.

Recently tho i've been able to get a new fuel pump and sending unit which i installed today. the new pump and sending unit seem to be working great but now it still wont start and i have no clue why.

So if anyone has any suggestions of what could be casuing the problem i would love you forever if you forever if it starts to run again! Thanks!

P.S. I know I'm new here and I'd appreciate any help I can get! Thanks again

DO YOU HAVE A SCANNER, THE COM'S PORT IS UNDER THE GEAR SURROUND PULL IT UP FROM THE FRONT, TO GET ANYWHERE YOU REALLY NEED TO SCAN THE ecu FOR FAULTS, COULD BE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR? THE SCANNERS ARE AVAILABLE ON EBAY FOR ABOUT £20 ISH ?

Welcome to the CF .... the search is your friend - been covered so many times.

where are you based - no doubt someone local to you who may be able to assist. In the meantime as VR6 says, use the search. Also, change your ecu relay and fuel pump relay (nos 109 and 167 (or maybe writen 67) respectively). Just in case you dont know, the fuse/relay panel is on the RHS of the dash, under the vent. There are two 'twist & pull' locking tabs to remve the portion of the undertray. Take these out and the panel is in front of you.

Crank sensor falure will not be shown (easily) in the scanning software.

Thanks fla, I am located in Denver, Colorado. I tried replacing those two relays and checked out under the RHS.

Replaced two relays, but the 67 relay it ticking and nothing is different. I read it is usually due to lack of power or a faulty ground, where can that be found? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

is there fuel coming to and going from the fuel rail? Can you try another fuel pressure regulator - its the shiny disc-like item at the end of the fuel rail.

Grounds are found in various places in the car - there is one (on RHS cars) above the relay panel on the RHS inside the dash on the front post. Its a circular disc with several grounding brown spades on it. You could also check the ground straps in the engine bay.

Update sorry for the long pause in information I recently g2g with some local guys that helped work on the wiring and unfortunately we found more problems than what I wanted to hear... So to start we found that there is an aftermarket alarm installed that in a long story short is A. Wired by a drunk primate and B. was disabling the fuel pump when you tryed to crank the engine so after fixing that we had high hope of the car starting... But still nothing.

Test a theory out that stated that people have had the ecu being ground out by the ecu bracket under the rain shield. This did stop the clicking noise from the fuel relay but sadly when trying to start the car again, still didn't solve the problem...

Continuing on we pretty much tested anything and everything that had to do with the fuel system or the ignition system found that we don't have a signal at the fuel injector or at the crank position sensor... Next step is to replace the crank sensor and I'm not sure why we dont have signal at the injector... Also we decided to take the ecu apart purely off of a hunch that something was wrong... And we found the ecu is fried... Like small fire kinda fried in some areas...

I'll post some pictures up for good measure lol

Sounds like a multitude of problems in there! Good luck getting it all sorted.