Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Front Engine Mounts

Hello,

I have tried to answer this with the search but haven't quite found what I need.

I am having a bit of trouble with what I think is slopppy engine mounts. It just takes a fraction of a second too long fo the power to come through when moving hard up thru the gears- almost like the engine is wallowing around taking up the slack in the mounts before putting the down the power :( .

Have looked at the rear mount- hasn't leaked. All the posts on the front mounts breaking seem to be from the G60 brigade. I will check myself next weekend if the engine is moving with the old 1st gear handbrake on trick. What mount would make the biggest difference in reducing this movement. Finally cos money is a little tight- how easy is it to change the front mount.

Cheers

Mike

Having the same problem going through the gears hearing a 'clonking' noise - does anyone think it might be the gear box mounting? Also this seems to be coursing it to drift to the left.... : :x

I can get good deals on Turn2 stuff, mail me if you want anything.

I will also have a full set of factory mounts for sale shortly due to upgrade to vibra-technics units.

Just to bring this back from the dead, ( I had forgotten I had written it in the first place and only found it in the search :roll: ), how easy is it to change the front engine mount. All it was is that I am going to get a new vibratechnics front mount to avoid any future bonnet mods in the stormseeker stylie :( , I'll save a few quid and do it myself if its not too hard.

Cheers

Just to bring this back from the dead, ( I had forgotten I had written it in the first place and only found it in the search :roll: ), how easy is it to change the front engine mount. All it was is that I am going to get a new vibratechnics front mount to avoid any future bonnet mods in the stormseeker stylie :( , I'll save a few quid and do it myself if its not too hard.

Cheers

seemingly it only takes a garage about 30 mins labour so isnt exactly an expensive job