Portent

Noisy spoiler

Recently my spoiler has p a creak. It only does it the last half of movement up and first half of movement down. I've just tried greasing the two pillars it sits on from the outside. I've moved it up and down again a few times hoping for the grease to bed in. But it still makes the noise.Will it get better over time as the grease eases it's way down or am I greasing the wrong part and the only option is a strip down, grease and reassemble? It looks a bit of a pain to get it apart so thought it worth trying the simple option first.

There is a guide written by Yandards on how to grease the mech. Literally a 10 min job and makes a really good difference. It's on the CCGB website- maybe on here to- I'll have a look in the Wiki...

---------- Post added at 5:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:06 PM ----------

Not on here. Are you a CCGB member?

This one http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?51125-Spoiler-motor-cleaning-and-repair is in the Wiki on here. Looks very involved though!

Thanks. I am indeed greasing the wrong part. I've just taken a look on CCGB and found the guide. Unfortunately I don't have any spray grease so that's a job for next weekend I think. Thanks for the pointer.