Imgolfman

G60 lack of power.

Hi all. It's me with the knackered g60 again. Another problem I've bin having with it is lack of power. It seems like when you ure foot down, you get power, then drops abit then abit more power etc. feels like a boost leak? Checked all my pipes on Saturday and there fine. But there is oil around the back of the supercharger? Can't quite just see where it's coming from tho. When I take my fuel cap off, there a lot of pressure there? Don't no if that's anything or not? Could it be a breather losing me the power? I'm lost on this 1 tbh. Any help I would be grateful :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can find the Corrado Buyers Guide on here, it includes a how-to guide to switch the MFA into boost display mode, iirc. I didn't buy a G60 in the end so never tried it... Hopefully that might help :)

chris

It does stink of fuel tbh but still does between 30-40mpg? I'll be honest, I've only checked the pipes up to now because I really have no idea :-/

I had a similar problem on my g60. Put it on the rolling road at Jabba and discovered it was underfueling dangerously on full throttle, and making little over 100bhp! First we replaced the fuel pump which made a big difference but didnt entirely fix the problem. We then replaced the injectors for brand new larger ones which solved the issue and it made 194bhp :)

I had a similar problem on my g60. Put it on the rolling road at Jabba and discovered it was underfueling dangerously on full throttle, and making little over 100bhp! First we replaced the fuel pump which made a big difference but didnt entirely fix the problem. We then replaced the injectors for brand new larger ones which solved the issue and it made 194bhp :)

Arhhhh fuel pump. Now that might just be worth a try. I'll have a look at that over the weekend cheers :-)

30-40 mpg in a G60 ?????? Im lucky to get 20 !! ;)

Really is driving it like a granny tho. Tickle the throttle and down to 20 mpg she goes :-/

Arhhhh fuel pump. Now that might just be worth a try. I'll have a look at that over the weekend cheers :-)

Yea definitely worth looking at especially if it's still the original. After 20 or so years the insides of mine had completely disintegrated! Hope that sorts your problem buddy :) worth doing the fuel filter while your at it too