Abdul

Strange clicking sound from behind rear passenger doorcard, any ideas?

Hi guys,

As above really, wanted to see what to expect before i start stripping the interior lol.

When sitting on idle I sometimes get some strange clicking/grinding type noises from behind the rear passenger side doorcard. Now this gets a lot worse if I have a passenger sitting on that side. I mean it sounds like an electric motor of some sort going crazy...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Abdul :)

As above check your heated seats arnt turned on?

Mine used to click like crazy when the drivers heated seat was turned on, turned out there was a break in the wire on the seat element soldered it up no clicking since

Yep my heated seats are turned on and I guess that would explain it!

Will take a look tommorow, cheers chaps!

Also, is there any particular reason my heater seats are so crap? It could be the elements obviously but I'm hoping it's not that lol.

Jon, where does the heated seat loom run? I thought it just went to the fuseBox and switches...

Yep my heated seats are turned on and I guess that would explain it!

Will take a look tommorow, cheers chaps!

Also, is there any particular reason my heater seats are so crap? It could be the elements obviously but I'm hoping it's not that lol.

Jon, where does the heated seat loom run? I thought it just went to the fuseBox and switches...

Yeah just from the relays (passenger rear quarter) to switch then fusebox to seats and elements. Sounds exactly like my prob though mate when there was a break in the element i would check there first. Mine were a bit ****ty when the relay was clicking but when soldering to element sorted warmed up nicely.

Take the seat out and pull back the leather on the seat by undoing the clips underneath

---------- Post added at 3:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:21 PM ----------

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/heated_seat_repair.html

Oh no I don't want to take apart my seats!!! I reckon it's the passenger seat though as it barely warms up. Mines not too bad!

I think this will have to wait till next week. Should be interesting lol.

Cheers bud

Try the switches one at a time if it only clicks loads when the passenger seat heating is on then thats the one with the prob. As said not a big problem just dont put the heated seats on

When I got my c the driver seat was not heating up. The element is very thin and loops around the seat and back to join it self which has a soldered join... Not difficult to remove the leather from the seat and you can clean up other difficult to reach areas. Mine would buzz and make a weird noise from the relays in rear door card.

Here's the tip... If you need to grab something from inside or in the passenger footwell from the driverside, try and avoid nealing on the seat as this could be why the soldered part comes away. It's almost centre of the seat base where the join is.