P3rks

Goodridge rear axel hoses - Incorect or..?

I've just bought a 6-line 312/MK4 rear Goodridge set,

Front caliper Hoses are correct (the bolts aren't but that's expected as there are two different thread pitches and sods law dictates you always get the wrong ones :bonk:). The rear caliper hoses and bolts are correct and fit, albeit a tad short.

But the rear axle hoses seem about an inch shorter than OE (meaning the curve is very tight and suspect dangerous) and a different end? The thread and pitch are the same meaning the solid and goodridge physically mate, but the ends are fatter meaning they wont physically fit into the allocated slots on the rear axle so they'll just flap around.. Is this just what Goodridge supply or have I been given incorrect hoses?

I just want to check before I ring up and complain.. :awesome:

0b5924a4.jpg

Hose on the left is the rear axle (incorrect). Hose on the right is one of the rear calliper ones which is the type required for the rear axle. Thoughts?

I have a set of these on order on their way to me now. Should be with me tomorrow so I can see what I have if it will help...

Jay

Please do Jay,

I've just contact C&R and sent them an e-mail, they seem very helpful so we'll see what they/Goodridge say. :thumbleft:

I'll update this thread as and when.

Rich

Edit: For reference I'm fitting the ATE calipers from a '01 V6 4 Motion and my thread size for the caliper hose bolts is 1.5 (same as a pair of ATE calipers from a '01 20vT GTi I have)... I received x3 1.0 and x1 1.25 bolts.. :scratch:

Edited by P3rks

I picked up my goodridge hoses for £23 direct from goodridge themselves (know someone who works there that sent me them at cost manufacturing price)

I ordered a set of 1997 golf mk3 VR6 hoses as I had upgraded to 288's up front. all went on without any issues... apart from some unions rounded off, and I had to replace some of the hardlines (had some made up by the chap on here that does them) really nice fit unlike the other copper ones someone had previously made up that were routed all over the place....

Pete

I picked up my goodridge hoses for £23 direct from goodridge themselves (know someone who works there that sent me them at cost manufacturing price)

I ordered a set of 1997 golf mk3 VR6 hoses as I had upgraded to 288's up front. all went on without any issues... apart from some unions rounded off, and I had to replace some of the hardlines (had some made up by the chap on here that does them) really nice fit unlike the other copper ones someone had previously made up that were routed all over the place....

Pete

So the rear axle hoses, were they the same as mine pictured? If so how did you fit them?

From memory mine are the same as the hose on the right, the one on the left looks like it would have a retaining clip pass through it. Accrding to Vagcat the hose should be 155mm in length

So the rear axle hoses' date=' were they the same as mine pictured? If so how did you fit them?[/quote']

hi mate, cant see photos from work uploaded to photobucket etc... if you upload direct to the thread, i can see them...

hi mate, cant see photos from work uploaded to photobucket etc... if you upload direct to the thread, i can see them...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56157[/ATTACH]

there you go buddy

Update,

Had a good chat with C&R and as it turns out the hose supplied is correct and my car has had the non VR6 rear brake hoses fitted at some point, maybe it's had a non VR6 axle at some point, maybe just the wrong hoses or brackets, who knows? :shrug:

They were really good and are sending me the correct bolts and also if they can find a spare set, some non-VR6 rear axle hoses. Very very good customer service and knowledgeable chaps, I'm really impressed with them.

Thumbs up C&R Enterprises :thumbleft: