sexybourbon

Bmc !! Is this right or wrong please

Right this sounds daft as **** but its winding me up !!

I got a bmc cda , its the 85 150 wich is the correct one for the car

Now it didnt have the instructions with it when it came and i followed some advice from on here about what size silicone adaptor to get wich was 100mm by 83 mm wide wich is correct fir one end of the filter

Wats annoying me is ........ Is the main filter pointing the right way , all the logos are pointing the wrong way in the engine (upside down) and its got me wondering if its the correct way round , i googled some pics of fitments to other cars and all their righting ,logos , are facing the correct way

Someone tell me its right or have i been a dumb arse and fitted it the wrong way

57661098-ccef-9d84.jpg

Where it says cda is the end in wich id need a reducer pipe if i have got it wrong

I know this is "school boy " but its annoying the **** out of me

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I googled this wich is the same engine ! But the other way round with cda at the top ! Wich is confusing me and i want to do a little cry about it

bcdd104e-d4ed-2b47.jpg

I'm sure there's an arrow in the CDA to tell you what way it should go on...if you find it is the opposite way to your stickers then I'd say someone has had it apart to clean it and put it together the wrong way around so simply undo the screws and swap around so it all lines up properly.

You can clearly figure this out by removing the BMC and looking inside to see which way round the filter is.

It'll become clear whether is right or wrong then and as mentioned you can remove the outer skin, maybe even give it a clean and then refit correctly.

Look inside the filter at both ends. The end which has the red plastic funnel and filter element visible should face the front of the car, which is the air intake side.

Ahh i didnt think of that iv never had a bmc before so would never of guessed that it could be put together wrong it was annoying me that it was all upside down aswell and without any instructions with it didnt think of that

Ill wip it off today and spin it round ohh and cheers for helping the class dummy haha :)

It does say round the edges of either end - One side says "engine side" the other "intake side" ;) Though to be fair its not that noticable.

I might of have been a bit exited lol tbh tho i did have a look at it but didnt notice anything maybe i just missed it oh well will sort it today and give the filter a clean while im at it

Right to end this thread and avoid any confusement for anyone who reads this in the future iv been out and had a look and it was the wrong way round

As said without instructions on how it comes apart the end with the reducer that looked to be in a fixed place and glued on ( wich it was ) had been glued on to the engine side !! So it was all to cok the logos wer upside down the filter the wrong way and the reducer glued to the wrong end

I gently prized the reducer of the endine side and didnt bother re fitting it as it just makes a smaller intake hole at the intake side , span the filter round and fitted the logos the right way

57661098-8211-b215.jpg

Now its the right way filter and all

And this was the part glued to the wrong end

57661098-8245-4d89.jpg

I feel better now haha cheers

Sure you'll enjoy the noise the first time you put your foot down :)

Sure you'll enjoy the noise the first time you put your foot down :)

I sure did iv just been out on some local b roads and the difference is very noticalble now its all the right way !! Very enjoyable especially when the cabin shakes at 4000rmp lol