Benjevw

BMC filter fitting

I'm looking at a BMC CDA filter on the bay . It's just for the air box,fitting bracket and jubilee. It's 70mm outlet to throttle body. Are all the boxes the same? What sort of tubing will I need to fit it? Is there a specific pipe I can look for? Or will it go straight onto my original inlet pipe?

I've had a quick search but think the apps playin up as dosent return any results. New to the air filter biz so sorry if I'm being dumb :)

Cheers ben

you are looking at the smaller BMC, you want the 85-150 kit that will fit a vr6 with just some 83mm silicone hose.

got my fitting kit from Stealth Racing, which included everything I got my BMC second hand with just the filter... and i got the joiner hose from merlin motorsport...

'Fitting kit' is a pretty grand description for an 50mm long, 83mm-inner-diameter silicone coupler, two jubilee clips and a steel strip with some holes punched in it! Overpriced if it cost you more than £10, imho...

Can't remember what I paid but I paid £80 for the BMC so even if it was 30 quid still a bargain!

Got 1 coming in the post from 'corrado16' , I'll see what comes with it when it gets here. And then BWAAAAHHHH!(when it's finished) ;)

Cheers guys

The noise is amazing :D No surprise every VR6 I've seen recently (at least 5!) has one attached...

They sound fantastic, but nice and quiet in town.

Just what I'm lookin for tbh bud . Don't wanna be waking people up at 4 in the morning! Spose it can't be worse than a gtd needing glowplugs ....badly. 😱