dubweiser

pipe diameter?

Hi,i have a leaky hose on my corrado,its the one that goes from the expansion tank across the front of the engine into the top side of the radiator (Must be the overflow pipe i think,its red and black),and i just phoned the stealers who told me that it cost £36 but its now obsolete anyway so they cant get one for me.Does anyone know what the bore of this hose is please as im going to try my local motor factors to see if they sell some type of generic hose (and it should be a lot bloody cheaper i hope!).Thanks guys

So,my other local store has only fuel hose in stock.Does anyone know if this is ok to use instead or is there any reason i shouldnt use this if its around the same bore?Thanks

Just what temperature its rated at really. There are loads on ebay in whatever colour you want too. Its your call whether to use any silicon hose thats not rated for high temps tbh. There's not a constant flow of water at least, but worth getting the right stuff imo.

Yeah,never thought about temp rating.I have just cut the old pipe off at the end where the leak was and turned it round as i know the expansion tank end was good,and ran the engine and its still weeping at the radiator end.Looks like it must be a tiny hole at the radiator end,although i cant see anything.New radiator required by the looks of it.Bloody marvelous...NOT!

Might try that mate,cheers.When i aqueeze the top hose i can see it weeping somewhere up around the back of the "stub" that the expansion tank hose goes onto.Think there must be a small hole somewhere in that area.Strange place to go though,usually its the cores that leak.Pain in the arse lol.Anu idea how easy/hard it is to replace the radiator?

Not changed one on the Raddo tbh so don't know if its front end off. If it is, its just the hassle of taking front bumper and slam panel off, they are an absolute PITA! If you've got A/C too, thats even worse! Have a search, sure I've seen a guide or something on here. If not there's bound to be one on VWVortex. Have a google search. :D

Cheers sean.I suspect it will be a pain.Might end up takin it to a garage to get it done as i dont have much time on my hands but i reckon they will charge a gazillion quid to do it.The joys of motoring....