scott1980

Shes poorly :-(

Ive had my corrado in storage for a while , starting it up periodically , but without a metal coolant pipe I was reluctant to keep starting it up.....now ive fitted the pipe and its leak free (pretty chuffed with that). But , it won't idle , it starts fine , revs freely but if I take my foot off the accelerator completely it just dies almost instantly.

I must admit i'm a novice under the bonnet with only basic mechanical skills , the mechanic at work suggested it may be a perished vacuum hose :shrug: I grasp what hes saying but all the hoses "seem" intact .

I really want to get her back on the road this summer , as cheaply as possible :cool: Any ideas or pointers would be great :thumbleft:

Sorry yeah forgot to mention that :-/ its a 2.0 16v , I have a volkswagen factory repair manual on CD , its fairly detailed (1060 pages) and shows an Idle stabilizer valve , is this it ? Also , the engine keeps steady revs with the throttle ,a held light touch of the pedal will keep it at 900 revs, could I get away with altering the throttle ?? ....like I say , i'm a novice :scratch:

Edited by scott1980

Got a nearly new one for sale if you need it? Sounds like the valve or a vac hose split/undone somewhere. Check all the pipes thoroughly.

Ive been under the bonnet and cant seem to see any split / undone hoses or hear any hisses when it dies . I tested the idle switch and thats fine and my friend assures me theres no clicks or buzzes on the ISV when i turn the ignition on ...looks like its shagged ?? In that case how much would you want for yours CazzaVR ? Also , the one currently on is a Siemens unit...seems odd to me...looks out of place (for some reason) :scratch: Im sure come to think of it in the pile of receipts for the car there was one for work done for an "Idling issue"

Ive fixed it ! :dance: ... I took the valve off and tried my luck blasting some isopropanol into it and manually toggling the valve , let it dry and stuck it back on . Started and idled juuuuuuust fine :thumbleft: thats made my week ,Thanks for your help guys.