ray_vr6

Oil Pressure Gauge Reading

Hi

Just fitted an oil pressure gauge and it appears to be working fine but wondered in anyone can help with the following questions.

When I turn on the ignition the reading goes to 100 psi before returning to 0 then when the engine is running the pressure climbs and sits at approx 80psi but when I blip the throttle the pressure reading drops - is that normal?

TIA

It should read high until the engine warms up, and then sit somehwere in the middle at idle or gentle cruising, rising incrementally with increase in rpm. Check the wiring - i had an issue with the sender wiring having an intermittent contact that lead to some pretty strange readings.

Also been reading some threads about the oil warning light coming on if the sender is not stamped 0.5 bar - took mine off this evening and its stamped 1.25 bar - just wondered if this might be a contributing factor?

Checked all the wireing - even put new connectors on at the engine end - the pressure reading drops as soon as increase the revs. I let the engine run up to temp and the oil warning lamp started flashing. I will have to buy another sender - hope that cure the pressure readig problem as well.