NewbridgeJob

Main beam won't work

Wondering if anyone has an idea of what's wrong with my headlights

Got a set of in-pro headlights and only the side lights and full beam lights seem to work, when you switch on the main beam (normal night time headlights) they won't come on. I've replaced the 53 relay that was attached to the updated wiring near the battery but no luck, I've tried putting the wires in different combinations too but still no luck.

Any ideas? I'm thinkin that it could boil down to the actual headlight switch. Need it fixed ASAP as I've got an MOT coming up

Cheers in advance!

Hey man 8vmatt supplied my headlight switch. Iirc, my lights wouldn't turn off, that's why I needed a new switch . May be the cure to ur problem too but I don't really know much about electrics.

Drop him a pm maybe?

There should be fuses next to the relays for your uprated headlight loom, check them if they look misty then they have moisture damage. I would say it would be the uprated healight loom causing propblems due to the countless times I have had hassle of from mine due to moisture.

Try taking the two relays out of their casings and clean them up.

My headlights failed after I gave the car a wash... I opened up the relays and there was damp inside. Also, the copper wiring looked like it neeed a clean.

I put the 2 open relays in some Coke overnight, they came up looking like new :lol:

A bit of WD40 after that and they were fine, no more probs. :)

Try taking the two relays out of their casings and clean them up.

My headlights failed after I gave the car a wash... I opened up the relays and there was damp inside. Also, the copper wiring looked like it neeed a clean.

I put the 2 open relays in some Coke overnight, they came up looking like new :lol:

A bit of WD40 after that and they were fine, no more probs. :)

Well the relay I've got is pretty clean, I've only got one relay though? Should there be 2?

Well there's 4 connections, 2 coming from the battery and 2 from the headlights. All the connections are then going into one relay.

Strange one. Maybe I'll try plugging in another one and seeing what happens