Sign in to follow this  
Tattie

Koni or H&R Springs?

Hi folks,

I have decided to go for the Koni TA's for my G60 but undecided about the springs.

Basically you can get the Koni TA kit (shocks and springs) complete with bump stops from Larkspeed for about £380 inc delivery, which is almost as cheap (if not cheaper) than trying to get the shocks on there own.

The H&R springs (or Eibach for that matter) are approx £150.

Therefore, is it worth the extra cash for the springs? How much different will the ride feel with the Koni springs compared to the H&R's

Finally where is the cheapest place to get the Koni's and H&R/Eibachs from? Needs doing before Inters to be honest, wallows far too much!

Cheers

i have driven 2 vr6's. one with koni (mine) and one with h&r (kev's) and didnt notice £150 worth of difference. Kev also drove both cars but im sure he will give his own opinion

Thanks for the info Jedi,

How long have you had your Konis on for now? Have they well and truly settled in?

I think I'm just going to go for the kit anyway, can always change the springs later if they feel that bad.

Definately need to do something soon though!

had them on for about 3 weeks now...maybe a bit more. i dont really know how long they take to settle? but they feel fine now after all the geometry was set up.

the springs from KONI are crap, go for H&R. i've got koni & H&R set up on my

storm very good ride and handling. :lol:

They're not that bad at all. They don't feel much different to my H&Rs.

I've just ordered this Kit as I was having probs getting hold of the H&R's, like you say Jedi, its a good price for the shocks alone and I can sell the springs on if I do manage to get the H&R's

How are you getting on with yours? I read you had a slight prob with the rear ride height matching the fronts - any tips?

getting on fine. they feel nice even over very bad, uneven roads and on nice flat surfaces there fantastic, I cant fault them.

The rear ride height is a confusing one to be honest. imagine 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest. that guy with the yellow 20vt has his on 1 and says its too low. kev has his on 2 and it looks about right. i have mine on 3 and it looks too high???!! i dont get it. Im going to take them all apart and change to the 5th setting which sould lower by an extra 1cm and then i reckon it will look right. I can always raise them a couple of nothces in the future if the springs sag

personally i would spend the extra £150 for the H&R's...i would however spend it on one of those fancie Anti roll bar things!

Ok, cheers Mr Knight....

Yeah, Kev's ride height is spot on and his car feels superb round corners, especially since the rear axel bushes were done, the rear of the car seems to follow thru alot more smoothly now and you can throw it about with alot more confidence, It definetly has that mk2 GTi feel to it!

Hopefully the lowering will sort out the body roll but if mine still feels like its going to loose the back end round fast bends I will do the bushes next and maybe pick up a rear ARB at Inters.

I watched Stealth do Kev's, the bushes are only £12 each on the VR and I think the G60 ones are about half that... Its the work involved that bumps up the price, its a bitch of a job and they has to cut off the rear brake bias valve on Kevs altho Vince was saying this shouldn't be neccessary on a G60...

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/corrado_suspension.html