Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

another one bits the dust...

blown001.jpg

come on guys please look after these chargers they getting harder to find good ones now days... :(

how many times can you rebuild/port a charger?

I assume everytime they are ported they become slightly more fragile?

how many times can you rebuild/port a charger?

I assume everytime they are ported they become slightly more fragile?

porting has absoulutly no effect on the strength of the charger if done correctlly as the only material removed is from the exhaust and chambers to aid air flow around the internals of the unit itself.

Do you know how many miles it had done at all? Just cause mine was done by Jabba and not due a rebuild till about 120k (currently just under 95k). Just incase I need to put myself out on the street to save up asap :wink:

soooooooo glad I got you to rebuild mine while it was off Darren... Having that happen was my worst nightmare, which has since gone away... 8)

Well Jabba can't be held totally responsible.. I suppose it comes a LOT down to how people have been treating them after their rebuild..

Taking the car to the redline on a regular basis, or thrashing it before the oil is up to temperature is gonna be a surefire way to send your charger to an early grave.

Depends if the customer used a cotton reel sized pulley or not.....but it's funny how all the wrecked chargers I've seen on here have a Jabba sticker on them :?

Indeed.. I dont really want to defend Jabba, as their stickers do seem to feature on most of the popped chargers.

But that said up until a year or two ago, who else was there to rebuild your g-laders in the UK? So it stands to reason that most chargers are going to be wearing their badge.

The USA & Canada have a few very good reputable companies including Kompressor Kanada who I hear nothing but good things about...

Over here we now have - well - G-Werks, jabbasport, BRM? Anyone else?

yeah there is also pitstop oh and g-tuned and JMR. quite a few people doing rebuilds really .. :-P maybe we should do what the yanks are planning on vortex and having a head to head on charger rebuilds see whose pops there guts first.. :lol: im up 4 it as i have a few spare we could put them on a test bench and let them spin "could be fun at inters..."

Almost all blown jabba chargers seem to have same damage paterns. Latley they been popping like mad, sad really :( as its hard to get hold of them.

soooooooo glad I got you to rebuild mine while it was off Darren... Having that happen was my worst nightmare, which has since gone away... 8)

Me too mate...

Although thought it had came true last month when I heard a pop then lost copious amounts of power...

Turns out it was my thermostat packing in and the excess pressure blowing my idle screw out then my engine badly overheating.

Phew....

Anyway, cheers Darren for giving me one less thing to worry about my C.

DM