Portent

Refurbing Audioscape pods - and now interior handles

A while ago I managed to get hold of some Audioscapes. I've fitted them but they do have a few marks. They aren't bad enough to go to the trouble of recovering them. But I am considering filling the marks and spraying. Has anyone done this and what did you use?

I've already lighly sprayed the slightly discoloured grills with Halfords satin black and they came out very well indeed. So I'm tempted to spray over the vinyl covering with it. But... do I need a primer first and what would I use to fill the slight scuffs and light scartches?

Edited by Portent

Thanks. I'm not sure that polish will be permanent enough. so I was looking at spraying it. Thanks for the heads up on the flexible paint and fixing kits, I will take a look.

I grabbed some vinyl paint from Halfords today. I couldn't see anything that might be a good filler though. The closest was some plastic bumper repair paste but I thought that may be too hard. So I will probably just leave the scratches and spray the pods. The scratches will be less noticeable once freshly painted. I will post results when done but I don't plan on doing it until I get some new speakers.

^^ Thanks for the link although it's not bad enough to need any vinyl actually replacing.

As I've replaced my interior door handles recently I thought I'd have a practice run on the slightly tired old ones that were now spare. That way I can see the sort of result I will get before touching the door pods. Below is a pic with the left hand side not yet done and the right hand side painted with vinyl paint.

Does it look 'ok'? It does seem much better to me although I'm slightly conscious of it being a lot darker and quite shiny which the originals aren't (but I suppose that's the whole point lol). I'm tempted to finish the other side and fit them instead of my 'new' ones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58721[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Yes I know my drive needs a good jetwashing to get rid of the weeds between the blocking... I will be doing that shortly :D

Edited by Portent

Does look good in the picture, although you will need to make sure the rest of the interior is kept nice and clean and shiney to ensure they dont look a bit out of place now. :razz:

Wow the sprayed one looks excellent!!

Think I'll need to pick up some of this paint and do my handles.

Wow the sprayed one looks excellent!!

Think I'll need to pick up some of this paint and do my handles.

It's really easy. I've done the other side now and in the morning I'll put them in the car and see if they stand out over the older dash and centre console. Close up you can still see a few blemishes because I haven't filled any of the scratches. But they are only noticable close up. Otherwise they look very fresh. I'm not sure whether to put a top coat of laquer on them for protection but I don't think I will as I don't want them too shiny.