iR6

Aaaaaahhh ABS!!

What condition is the abs ring in on the front right is it badly bent in anyway causing the error to come up?

What condition is the abs ring in on the front right is it badly bent in anyway causing the error to come up?

They are pretty good, not perfect though, when i spin the hub it runs about 2m out. It is slightly rusty, though I've wire brushed it to clean it up.

What Jon said. It does sound like the abs rings. I fitted some new discs years ago and forgot to swap the old abs rings onto the new discs and that car did exactly what youre describing - albeit it was the rear discs and abs rings. The abs did the check when first starting the car - light flicked on and back off. But after about a mile the light would come on. Turn engine off then back on and it would do exactly the same thing. For me this also caused a sensor fault on VAGCOM.

Maybe worth changing the rings and/or making sure they're sat correctly. I think the distance between the sensor and the ring is quite vital, so maybe corrosion or distortion is causing the issue.

What Jon said. It does sound like the abs rings. I fitted some new discs years ago and forgot to swap the old abs rings onto the new discs and that car did exactly what youre describing - albeit it was the rear discs and abs rings. The abs did the check when first starting the car - light flicked on and back off. But after about a mile the light would come on. Turn engine off then back on and it would do exactly the same thing. For me this also caused a sensor fault on VAGCOM.

Maybe worth changing the rings and/or making sure they're sat correctly. I think the distance between the sensor and the ring is quite vital, so maybe corrosion or distortion is causing the issue.

Ok cheers for that. The abs rings on the front don't look quite as easy to change as the rears. Look a bit more substantial and part of the hub maybe?

Will double check the spacing too, any idea what this should be? I assumed it's as far as the sensor slides in, leaving a few mm as a gap between the ring.

My light has never turned off for any length of time whilst doing all this. Even once I've cleared the fault. Switched ignition off and on again, check abs faults again just to be sure. And it correctly comes back with no faults. Start the engine and immediately the light is on. Turn engine off, run vag com, front right sensor fault is back again?! Car has not even moved?!

Edited by iR6

Just a quick one which turned my light off, I unplugged the leads to the pump (2 of them??) sprayed them well with WD40 and kept plugging and un-plugging them.

My light is now off - I'll see how it is tomorrow but fingers crossed it may be a dodgy connection to the pump.

Might be worth a try???

Just a quick one which turned my light off, I unplugged the leads to the pump (2 of them??) sprayed them well with WD40 and kept plugging and un-plugging them.

My light is now off - I'll see how it is tomorrow but fingers crossed it may be a dodgy connection to the pump.

Might be worth a try???

Cheers for that Chris. Just soaked the connectors in WD before work. Will give them another clean this evening once back home.

Just think its strange the light being straight on even without moving the car. From what I've read if it's a wheel sensor this error won't show until the car has moved?

What a pain, really hope you get it sorted soon mate. if it's any consolation i'd be going nuts too :(

What a pain, really hope you get it sorted soon mate. if it's any consolation i'd be going nuts too :(

Thanks Kip :) Generally been quite lucky in the past with Corrado ownership. This is bad timing what with Stanford and the Brooklands meet, prob the only two events worth attending?!

Hey ho, i'll get there in the end :)

Cheers for that Chris. Just soaked the connectors in WD before work. Will give them another clean this evening once back home.

Just think its strange the light being straight on even without moving the car. From what I've read if it's a wheel sensor this error won't show until the car has moved?

Mine was on as soon as i switched the ignition on, didnt even flicker. The occasional time it did go out, it would come while driving and not even braking.

Still off this morning on my way to work!!!

Make sure you do both connectors, one on thr front and one on the end which was tricky to get to.

Mine was on as soon as i switched the ignition on, didnt even flicker. The occasional time it did go out, it would come while driving and not even braking.

Still off this morning on my way to work!!!

Make sure you do both connectors, one on thr front and one on the end which was tricky to get to.

Got ya! fingers crossed!