Sign in to follow this  
MikLSP

Classic Green VR6 for £2000 in Lancaster

VR6 | Classic Green | Lancaster

Price: £2000 o.n.o.

Description:

I have decided it is time to sell my Corrado after just over two years of ownership due to having a baby on the way and us deciding to replace both this and our MkIV Golf with a new Polo

GTi.

The car is a '95 N-reg Corrado VR6 manual in Classic Green with 123,000 miles on the clock, MOT until March 2013 and taxed until end Feb 2013.

It's a good car with a lot of features and would provide a good base for someone on here to continue as a nice little project.

The Good:

Full black leather interior in excellent condition, full closure Cat 1 alarm, working sunroof (tilts & slides), fully working spoiler, programmable wiper relay, original hazard warning triangle.

17" ABT A11 alloy wheels, leather ABT Nardi steering wheel, aluminium ABT gear knob, ABT engine cover badge.

Upper and lower front anti-roll bars, lower rear anti-roll bar, H&R Coilovers.

Schrick 268 cams, big bore throttle body.

The Bad:

Previous accident damage but repaired and been on the road for over 11 years.

Slightly noisy tappets when cold (unfortunately these were not replaced in the rebuild)

Bodywork is generally good but has a few areas where the paint finish could be better and there is a little rust starting to show on the OSR arch and under the outer skin of the drivers door.

Intermittent ABS fault light - seems to be dodgy connection as the ABS does work when the light goes out.

OSF CV joint knocks occasionally on full lock.

Throttle cable stiff.

During my ownership I have had some misfortune with this car (failure of the gearbox closely followed by the timing chain tensioner) which has led me to having had quite a lot of work

done. Of course my misfortune is to the advantage of the new owner as I have done nearly everything you would typically worry about on a Corrado VR6. These jobs include:

Reconditioned cylinder head, 8 new valves.

New timing chains & tensioners.

Cylinders re-honed, new piston rings.

Bottom end rebuild, crank shaft polished.

Oil pump rebuild, new water pump.

Gearbox rebuild & new clutch.

Since the engine and gearbox were sorted I have had no major trouble (thankfully) and the car runs well even managing 35mpg on long cruises!

It will be a shame to see the car go after putting so much into repairs but it makes sense for us at this time to give into something more modern and economical.

I'd like a quick sale so we can get things moving on the new car but would also like to see it go to someone who will take care of the car and keep the progress going in the right direction.

I'm aware that previous accident damage detracts from the value of any car so I have tried to put a price on this which reflects that as well as the extent of the work which has already been

done and the existing feature list, therefore I'm looking for £2,000 o.n.o.

For any more info or questions please call or text on 07708 526638 or PM me here on the forum.

Thanks for looking,

Mik

DSC09655.JPG

DSC09661.JPG

N194+DTP+Engine+1.JPG

N194+DTP+Interior+2.JPG

N194+DTP+Interior+3.JPG

Edited by MikLSP