dingo

How loud is your PAS pump?

mine's been making a straining noise since i've had the C, easily heard over the engine noise when pulling out of a parking space for example.

it doesn't sound like belt squeal and there's no jerking in the assistance. more like a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah noise.... haha

I've taken the pump off to check the tiny gauze filter (which was clear), put new V-belts on it, and washed the system through with new fluid and it's still making just a much noise.. might be time for a refurbished pump, but then i've been told that hydraulic PAS pumps were always noisy - so perhaps there's actually no problem?

How noisy is your PAS pump?

They are noise, but they are considerable noisier if their is a leak, as the sytem is not pressurised then. So if there are not any leaks then dont worry about it.

Mine makes a noise even when its sat idling like the belt is too tight and then on full lock, but it doesnt leak so its staying, i suppose its entitled too when its 20 years old, ha ha

cheers for the replies, doesn't appear to be leaking and doesn't affect the assistance so i'll leave it for now.

that's a fair point joby, considering it's survived 21 years it's more than entitled to a few groans from time to time :D

cheers for the replies, doesn't appear to be leaking and doesn't affect the assistance so i'll leave it for now.

that's a fair point joby, considering it's survived 21 years it's more than entitled to a few groans from time to time :D

A bit like me dingo, at 45 when i get up in the morning you wanna hear my moans and groans.. haha