owen g60

Poly topmounts

Hi guys

I have been looking into these for a while for my G60... (would also work with 16v's and 8v's)

I found these today http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-1991-1995-Front-Strut-Top-Mounting-Suspension-Bushes-in-Polyurethane-/280853973847?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4164338b57 anybody had any experience using poly top mounts??

The top mount bearings wear out quicker as most of the shock is transmitted through the bearing and not the top mount bush, because of the increase in the stiffness of the bush. They're perfect for track use but for normal british road driving, I would stay with standard top mounts.

Got them and they don't work on vr6, couldn't fit them propelly and always got shock movement (MOT fail). Bought Bonarth Poly top mounts and they fit perfect and couldn't complain on driving comfort as well.

i bought a set of those poly topmounts and after looking at the design of them and a few searches on the net i have decided not to fit them, as they are a terrible design, i was so concerned about the design i phoned the company up and spoke to the guy who designed them and it was obvious he had absolutley no understanding of how the suspension system on the corrado worked.

He even admitted that they originally supplied them without the steel plate in the middle and only added it after someone came back to them after the shock strut pushed through the topmout and ruined his bonnet, the only problem is that the steel plate does not allow the shock strut to twist as you steer and there have been several reports of the plate bending even after a short time.

I got my ones without steal plate and they were correct vr6 bushes, waste of time and money, buy bonarth ones and you will be happy