Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Shilakadaddy's G60

Cheers mate, bodywork is the one job I hate because I can't do it myself (or even get some help with)... I've tried, but its really difficult!! Although I did get talking to the guy at the bodyshop, and he said on monday if hes not too busy, I can come in and get shown how to do some things properly :D Hopefully I won't ever need to go to a garage soon!

Updates are a little disappointing as the progress in terms of looks has gone backwards apposed to forwards :( Although I do have a rather large intercooler fitted now, so its not all bad :D

Engine - Golf G60 Front Mount intercooler fitted

normal_IMG_1505.JPG

normal_IMG_1507.JPG

normal_IMG_1510.JPG

I lost my rieger grille just after fitting the intercooler :( apparently just using velcrow to hold it to the car wasn't enough! So thats why i've got the old grille back on now. I actually quite liked it for a while, but looking at the old pictures of it with the rieger grille on, i miss it!

Interior - sold my DDI dials to KarlG60, and swapped my late spec interior for his early interior - i never did get the late spec heater controls wired up or working properly, so i was quite glad to get a full working interior back, even if it is just the early spec one!

Wheels and suspension - back to how they were when i bought the car, 16" BBS RK's with Eibach springs and Koni shocks - ride is sooooo much nicer now, and the handling is far better! Doesn't look as good IMO, but the car is a lot nicer to drive now :)

I'll get some more up to date photo's of the car posted up when its not snowing, so i can actually wash it!

ah yes I probably should have mensioned that, cheers greeny :)

Bally, the old suspension is a lot less harsh than the konigsports, and figured people would rather buy a cheaper car, than one that looks more modified, so put the old wheels back on too :)

Might as well put the newest pictures that are on the For Sale thread up

normal_IMG_1928.JPG

normal_IMG_1921.JPG

normal_IMG_1917.JPG

normal_IMG_1912.JPG

bummer yr selling up... remeber seeing yr rado at leeds festival on the section5 stand???

hope it goes to a good home...

Well I guess this'll be my final update for this thread :(

The Corrado has now been sold, took it to VW Summer Nights on Sunday, then drove on down to London that night and dropped the car off with the new owner on Monday morning.

I've enjoyed owning the G60, I've spent a lot of time and money on it, and learned an awful lot! I never did quite get it exactly how I wanted it, but to be honest I don't think any of us ever get to a stage where we'd say the car is "complete" - there's always something else!

I'm now moving on to hopefully get a Toyota Supra TT, something with a bit more tuning potential and not FWD! But in all honesty I don't think I'll be able to afford to run it in the long run, just at the moment I have no other responsibilies :) So in the future I definately think I'll return to VW ownership.. and the Corrado is much cooler than any other VW's :wink:

Not many people know about the whole Section-5 thing, but its a random VW club that I'm involved in, and I'll continue to come to the major shows with those guys, and generally mooch around in the background.

I've updated my first post with a few pictures, but here's a couple more:

VW Festival 2005

normal_IMG_0707.jpg

CCGB Meet 2005

normal_ccgb05009.jpg

DemonVW Rolling Road Day

normal_IMG_1560.JPG

normal_IMG_1561.JPG

normal_IMG_1577.JPG

normal_IMG_1586.JPG

More Pics here:

http://www.section-5.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Chris :turn-l:

Hey Chris.. some cool pics.. hope it went to a good home..

goodluck with the new motor..