Tigerfish

VR6 Airbox

Hi All,

I'm reverting the cone air filter setup on my VR6 back to the OEM airbox. I have now sourced an airbox, and also sourced the air duct (plastic panel that screws on behind the headlamp), but I'm sure I'm missing something else. An air duct/flap thingy. Anyone know what I'm talking about? A pic would be handy or even better has someone got one they want to part with, either local or posted?

Cheers

Does it have the snorkel that slots into the base of the box and meets the plastics behind the headlamp?

Thanks for the replies all. I couldn't understand the snorkel bit until the pic near the end. I think the seller of the airbox has shoved the snorkel the otherway round into the airbox (maybe to save space on the packaging) so it looks like I need to pull it out of the airbox and insert the other way round. Or does it go into the airbox as it already is (the metal bit that you can see in the pic goes inside the airbox, or does does that bit point through the plastic panel behind the headlamp)? :shrug:

Cheers all.

Edited by Tigerfish

I'm not sure the metal bit is standard. Never seen that on any of my VR6 airboxes. There 2 panels behind the headlight that channel air into the box. One with an intake shaped hole and the sponge airbox inlet seals onto, and the other screws into the slam panel and clips into the aforementioned one.

OK, thanks. I don't have the bit that fixes to the slam panel, so I'm definately that bit short then. At the moment, the other bit is inserted into the airbox, and the oval opening (which pretrudes about an inch I guess) falls a couple of mill short of the plastic panel with the oval hole in it.

This is what it looks like at the moment.

(1st attempt at adding a pic with tapatalk so hope it works)

This is what it looks like at the moment.

(1st attempt at adding a pic with tapatalk so hope it works)

That didn't work :bonk:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59309[/ATTACH]

Looks all present and correct. There should be a foam seal in the end of the snorkel.

OK, thanks mate, I'll make something up to do the job. Just the bit of scoop screwed to the slam panel missing then. Any one got one of these for sale?