Tigerfish

Geometry setup

After changing the front struts (back to the bilstein lowered struts from the coilovers) the car is booked into VW next Friday for a full gemoetry setup (camber etc). Are VW good at doing this job (not cheap I must say), or are there better places? I'm in Basingstoke so would have to be local'ish to there. I usually use Wheels-in-Motion/Blackboots nr Hemel Hempstead for the Lexus, who are first class, but I don't have the time to get up there.

Im not shure if every vw garage is able to do a full aligment

Ok, thanks for the heads up. At £151 for them to do it, they better had do the whole lot, but I'll double-check on Monday.

Stealth racing have the laser alignment / geometry setup. That's where I'm taking mine :)

That's a bit steep isn't it?

I agree, I would normally expect around £100 plus Vat for full setup. They said there was two hours labour, which again seems a bit steep, but as long as that is for a full geo setup, I'll swallow the price. If they are charging that just for tracking, then they are seriously taking the mick.

---------- Post added at 7:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:46 PM ----------

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a bell if I need it re-doing at any point, I can't really drive that far with the camber completely all over the shop as it is now.

I'm 85 miles away from Vince. I'm simply getting my tracking done and taking it steady.

Ill also be getting a few other things done while I'm there too :-)

Can't wait for the drive home.