sam2.0

2.0 16v Top hose

I have a tiny nick in my top hose, noticed it when under the bonnet at the weekend.

Want to get a new one before it splits. I've found it to be part #191121101AC, but no where seems to have it!

Any ideas where to get them?

Also, whats the best practice, just drain down, change part and put new fluid in? Need a flush?

Dunno where best to get the hose from tbh, have you looked on ebay? GSF/ECP may have em although unlikely in stock at your local depot. VW probs charge the earth for them, even if they're still available. When was the last time your coolant was changed? If it wasn't recently, I'd get it changed as a of course anyway, You'll need 2 x 1.5 ltr bottle of G12++ from VW, only about £8 each iirc, then top up with water. If its relatively new, just swap the hose out, top up with the same 50/50 mix, bleed the system in both cases, and away you go. :o

Can't find it on ebay. Need to call GSF and ECP to find out about stock.

Its old water, it's not blue/green, more rust colour. So I want to do a full swap out.

So, if its 2x G12++ which is 3 litres, the system takes 6litres in total?

I've read abit about airlocks, does it not have a air lock screw on the top of the rad? My E30 used to...

it's not as much as six litres IIRC, 16v has a small radiator. Trick is to fill slowly from header tank, make sure you mix 1 litre of 50/50 water and G12 at a time and add.

Someone on here once suggested using a 2L pop bottle with a hole drilled in the cap to restrict the flow out, upturned in the header tank means you dont have to pour manually for ages :)

First couple of litres goes in easy, can do that just from pouring from a jug, but go slow after that, once you have 4 litres in there you have enough to protect the engine, try to get 5 in (squeeze to top and bottom rad hoses to help get air out) and then for the next couple of runs in the car top up as the air makes it's way out to the header tank.

I'd prefer to mix distilled water (halfords etc) with the G12 as hard tap water can leave deposits around the engine, although G12 is good at preventing this if kept at the right strength

£45 for top and bottom hoses (may as well if I'm draining the lot) and 3litres of G12++ all from vwspares.