Benjevw

Hissing brake pedal vr6

Hi guys, I bled the brakes today using the easibleed. Took it for a test up the road and can hear a hissing when I press the brake pedal! My dad said its the servo/master cylinder. I didn't bleed the master cylinder when I did the brakes, would this cure the hiss? Or is it a case of a new servo?

Hope some peeps can help

Cheers

Ben

I had a hissing noise after working on the brakes. Found it to still be air in the system, even after a few bleeds. Did another full bleed and loads of bubbles came out and the hissing went.

Best of luck sorting it mate.

I had a hissing noise after working on the brakes. Found it to still be air in the system, even after a few bleeds. Did another full bleed and loads of bubbles came out and the hissing went.

Best of luck sorting it mate.

Ah rite, I've bled them twice now(once manually and once on the easibleed), and put quite a bit of fluid through so I thort it would be enough! I'll try again tomorrow night tho. Hope i get it sorted too man cheers Matt

don,t think i,m stupid but did you bleed your brakes in order did you have rear caliper of at all I only no because this happened to me ANNE:thumbleft:

don,t think i,m stupid but did you bleed your brakes in order did you have rear caliper of at all I only no because this happened to me ANNE:thumbleft:

Hi Anne, yea I did them in order from nsr,osr,nsf,osf. I had both rear calipers off, there was a bit of air in them today but thort we'd got it all out!

Dont know if it's worth mentioning but the brakes did feel a lot better today compared to after bleeding them the first time. Was reading about adjusting the servo from inside the car for play in the pedal after upgrading brakes, it's got 312s on the front so this may be something to look at.

Cheers

Ben

i was told to bleed rear calipers by bleeding them if they,ve been off by turning them upside down then bleed them it did help meyou may need 2 peeps think positive ben

Anne ps let me get something right LOL

We didnt do that so its worth a try! It's just my dad was certain it was the servo. Sounds like its pi$$ing air when I brake!

We didnt do that so its worth a try! It's just my dad was certain it was the servo. Sounds like its pi$$ing air when I brake!

my old golf was like that took it to vag bled it with there machine still felt like spongy,pal bled them as i said and they worked perfect honest cost nothing to try.Unless master cylinder has run empty when bleeding,i.m trying pmsl