storm_warning

Back in ownership!

Not that I ever stopped owning... my poor Storm is sat under a tree where it got parked up two years ago quietly rusting away to itself. :(

Anyway, after two years away driving a diesel A3, I figured my daily driver needed to be more fun and I missed driving my Corrado so much I bought another one, and it looks stunning! Well, I think it does, I know most people don't like modding a Corrado so much, but when I decided to get a new one, I wanted to bung on a body kit, angel eyes, crystal fogs & repeaters and M3 style rears just to tidy the look of the car and make it that little bit more modern and less dated (it's the lights, really) and this one came with everything already on it. She's running on Spax height adjustable suspension, fully resprayed twice by the previous owner (once in original colour, then in the current bullet black) and has a remote start Clifford alarm, and starting the engine as I am walking up to it just is not getting old!

Here she is :)

Haha, Elise was last year's purchase - and I thought enough to quell the need for a Corrado... Now, anyone want an '51 plate Audi A3 for £2K? Puts the VR6 to shame at the lights...

Being honest here, because thats the type of guy i am.

I think the corrado looks horrible like that, Corrado has aged well since the mid 90's, but the mid 90's bodykits didn't.

Sorry.

I like the paint. I like the rear lights. I like the moon roof and I like the Santa Monica alloys.

The bodykit not so much.

But it's all personal preference at the end of the day and it's great to see a variation on the norm :)

Yeah, its all down to personal taste - I love the look of the kit :)

Storm was parked up when the estimates to get it back to health were more than the car was worth, so I figured I would do it bit by bit myself. Then my job took me out of the country too much, so any spare time I had was spent with my little boy instead of working on my Corrado, now it's way beyond economic repair.

Vorvend - yes, it's matt. I would never chose a matt paint for a Corrado myself, but since I wanted the bodykit, + lights + suspension, that's saved me quite a lot in after spend. If I can't get on with the colour, I may well give it a vinyl wrap (which sounds like a crazy idea, but it'll cost less than £500 to do myself, plus will help protect the paint work as it is, so re-sale will come with perfect paint rather than chipped) (perhaps).

Haha I did tell you about 12v's!

I agree with 3corsameal though. Each to their own and all that!

Abdul - you were right! Got that cone on the 12v VR and my long lost howl is back :) Well done selling your car, I'm sure the new owners will love it - awesome machine. And one you will miss veeeery soon...... :D

Soooo, first problem with the new Corrado's bodykit.... Looked at my parked Corrado this morning and noticed the rear passenger side tyre looked flat. Didn't give it much of a look to make sure since I was running late and was driving a different car anyway.

But, there really isn't much room to get a jack underneath it! Before I go off and buy something that's way too expensive, anyone have any suggestions on 'cheap' and low jacks that can get under limited spaces?

Also noticed the clutch is slipping :(