lgs

Abs rear sensor vr6

HI all can someone tell me were i can bay a aftermarker abs rear sensor

I went to VW yesterday to order some front ones, came to £132 for the front pair of sensors (no wire)

Didn't order them, i will use patent parts, am sure i've seen those near £16 each.

Am sure its only a magnet with some wires on it

If you're after a rear VR6 sensor then I have a very good condition almost new one that I removed from a VR6 that I broke a little while back. It's in good working order and I don't want much for it. I'll get a pic shortly...

I went to VW yesterday to order some front ones, came to £132 for the front pair of sensors (no wire)

Didn't order them, i will use patent parts, am sure i've seen those near £16 each.

£132 for 2 fronts is really expensive. id expect to pay that for both rears though from VW.

Edited by Critical_Mass

One rear ABS sensor from VW cost me ..................£124 !!!!! that was 4 weeks ago

That was to replace one I believe to be an original

absolutely, I replaced one last year (trade price from ECP) for 8 quid, looked identical to the original vag one I took out

starting to think i shouldn't of smashed mine out with a hammer :lol:

When you put them back,make sure there not to tight(a small file may be needed) and a good smear of copper grease

Yep, this was a Febi one that I'd fitted exactly as dragon green describes....plenty of copper grease and I made sure the hole in the stub axle was nice and clean before fitting it. Came out a treat about a month later...here it is anyway:

file-17.jpg

£25 posted and its yours!