Sign in to follow this  
djnomer

ECU

G60 ECU cannot be re-set as there are no changable settings in it to reset... :?

turn the car off does it

try n disconnect the battery.

like henny says therres no reset switch,wiring tis just a power thing

turn the car off does it

try n disconnect the battery.

like henny says therres no reset switch,wiring tis just a power thing

I think Henny ment that resetting it (disconnecting the battery) won't actually do anything as there are no settings held in it, he didn't mean there isn't a button (which there isn't)

['H3R4POR]I think Henny ment that resetting it (disconnecting the battery) won't actually do anything as there are no settings held in it' date=' he didn't mean there isn't a button (which there isn't)[/quote']

Spot on that man... 8)

The ECU on a G60 has static programming. There's no changable values in there to reset, even ABS error codes are forgotten as soon as you turn the engine off.. :roll:

as soon as your ABS is powered down(ie, you turn off the ignition) the system looses it's indicated ABS fault codes on a G60, that's why it took me fecking AGES to find out which sensor had an intermittent fault on it on mine... :roll:

as soon as your ABS is powered down(ie, you turn off the ignition) the system looses it's indicated ABS fault codes on a G60, that's why it took me fecking AGES to find out which sensor had an intermittent fault on it on mine... :roll:

Not sure about that my old China......I had to manually clear Supercharged's ABS errors with VAG-COM. I don't know if this is the case with all G60s, but his certainly retained the errors after the ignition was turned off.

K

ooh, wonder if that's another difference between early and later G60s then? Mine definately forgets everything when powered down... :?

Can you remember which style connector Supercharged's car has? Mine's got 2x 2pin (one white, one black) connectors...

ooh, wonder if that's another difference between early and later G60s then? Mine definately forgets everything when powered down... :?

Can you remember which style connector Supercharged's car has? Mine's got 2x 2pin (one white, one black) connectors...

Ditto mate, he's got the 2x2 connector. Weird eh?

Yeah, must have kept them as I still had the rear wheel faults in there from the rolling road day I think, My abs light was stuck on because of a problem at the front we think and has been fine since Kev manually cleared the codes...

Altho I have had the light come on before and then be fine after its restarted - maybe once there are 3 or 4 faults on the ABS in memory its telling you to get it checked out...

Seems fine now and tested the ABS works :wink: