Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

a few probs

central locking works once when the battery is disconnected and reconnected and then doesn't work again, does this sound like a central locking pump problem or something else? Also i'm having problem removing the bolt that goes through tyhe rear axle that holds the s rear shocker leg in place, the bolt just don't wanna shift, even with loads of wd40 and a strong arm, don't want to cut of the bolt end as the rest will be left in the rear axle and won't be able to come out :shock: , any ideas? :(

thanks bobby :D

heat the bolt up with a blow torch... then attack it with a long bar and a strong person on the end of it! :) May also be worth beating 7 colours out of it with a hammer first to see if you can shock it loose a little first... 8)

No idea about the central locking though? :?

Sounds odd that it works once and then doesn't want to work again......vacuum leak?

When you say removing the bolt - do you mean removing the nut or are you simply talking about withdrawing the bolt?

I think the central locking has to be setup right. I can't recall the details, but it's something like it has to be put into a given state, then reset, cos otherwise it'll think it's starting from the wrong state, or something?

Clear as mud. :)

I've got no details, maybe Bentley will have some clues?

It's something like: if there's three "states" A, B and C. (A is fully unlocked for example.) The system must be hooked up in one of these known states, otherwise when it tries to trigger movement, strange things happen and it gets confused.

yeah, your right my central locking is confused and will be in a worse state (in the bin) if it don't start working properly, i have checked for vacuum leaks but everything seems to be ok. i will try giving the bolt the heat up method as its already recieved the "beating 7 colours out of it with a hammer" treatment :lol: .

just trying to remove the nut so that the rear shocker leg can be removed by taking the lower bolt that goes through the shock and the rear axle out.

thanks again bobby