KIPVW

Wishbone questions for VR & R32 bushes

Hi All,

I understand the rear bush on the wishbones can be replaced with uprated but OE R32 bushes, does anyone know the part numbers?

Also Can the tubular front bush be changed? Save me a few bob buying bushes rather than 2 new wishbones.

Thanks. :)

Thanks Fella's

I have it Jon, just cant bloody work it :lol: PC's are not my forte i'm afraid. Must try harder, a bit like my school reports :)

There was a link in a thread to eBay with a seller who had new wishbones with r32 bushes in

I think it was tierod69/ BNB components

Cheers Rob, I actually replaced the wishbones about 6 years ago and coated them heavily with PlastiKote paint so there's no rust on them at all so a refresh of paint and new bushes will be a bit cheaper too :)

I bought these bushes from VW a couple of weeks ago to do mine:

8N0 407 181 B 17.20 each +vat

357 407 182 8.55 each +vat

I think there is a VW parts price increase on 1st May so would be worth ordering soon, and you should get 10% off those prices.

Ah Cheers for the heads up on price increase, I use a TPS but if prices are going up be better to get them ordered.

Did you order them? Are they correct? Seems quite cheap

Am about to change mine again and think i'll go with r32 bushes

Vince fitted this combo onto my VR late last year, and it's a brilliant mod. Very happy with the control improvement. To be fair, my old bushes were pretty shot, but still, this feels way better than the car ever did. You can brake hard on a rutted road without the car squirming like a ....

Hoping to get it all done this weekend, as corrado is now my daily and my runaround got scrapped a couple of weeks ago.

I should've replaced them during the rebuild but they weren't very old so took the chance

Vince fitted this combo onto my VR late last year, and it's a brilliant mod. Very happy with the control improvement. To be fair, my old bushes were pretty shot, but still, this feels way better than the car ever did. You can brake hard on a rutted road without the car squirming like a ....

Indeed, works very well on lowered cars in particular I think where the wishbones are at more of an angle.