clairezee

changing gear a bit sticky

Hi guys, bought a vr6 last week, drove it home and in the morning i had no brakes, the passenger side brake hose wasnt set in its mount properly and as a result was hanging down chaffing on the driveshaft wearing away at the hose (very lucky they bled out overnight), ive bled both front brakes and the master cylinder and all is well now. but since ive done this ive noticed it dosent go into gear very well, theres a slight delay. is it all part of the same system and any suggestions?:scratch:

Well its not part of the same system, but the clutch does work with brake fluid from the brake bottle. I would bleed the clutch and see if it improves

Old car! you will find little niggles that you didnt notice before as you get more use to it.

Gear boxes get worn over time best bet is start with whats cheapest i.e have the gear box oil checked then work up from that.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

but the clutch does work with brake fluid from the brake bottle. I would bleed the clutch and see if it improves

did not know that! every days a lesson

thats great guys thanks i,ll have a play tomorrow, just thankfull it bled out overnight, it didnt last time and i totalled my last one at a roundabout.