southerner88

Im looking to buy.........

Hi all,

thanks for the initial welcome and advice between the Corrado trims, I have now decided that i want to buy the G60. and I am starting my search for the right one! Again, if their are G60 owners reading this then a few good or bad points to look for would be really useful and gratefully appreciated!

The budget isnt massive but i think i can get a pretty good one, so if anyone is wanting to part with their G60 (i know its highly unlikely) but if you are could you give me a shout please?? You can sleep peacefully that she will be well looked after as a Corrado has sort of been the car ive wanted for about 13 years since being young!

Im in North Yorkshire near Harrogate but am willing to travel a reasonable amount for a G60!!

As said any help / advice / cars for sale would be really really useful! :thumbleft:

Agreed! Im looking around the £2K mark, possibly a little more, but all depends on how much i can get for my Citroen C2 - currently between £2K-£3K on trader!

Yeah ive been struggling to find nice ones around within budget, dont want the childhood dream of owning a Corrado deflated by buying a bad one!

Speaking from experience G60 ownership can be hard work. Obivously the main thing to check for is charger history - who was it serviced by and when? Does the car look well looked after - if so thats generally a good sign? G60's suffer more than most from being ragged before they get up to temperature - too much of that and again there could end up being charger problems? Has it been chipped - if so what make, not all chips are the same?

Thanks for help so far again peeps! If it was down to me I would have any colour Corrado however the other half wants what she puts as a "normal" colour lol!

I have found this one on the Internet.......any chance people could tell me what they think of it?? They have offered me p/x with my Citroen c2 so is affordable fortunately!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211456895195/sort/default/usedcars/model/corrado/make/volkswagen/page/2/radius/1500/postcode/hg50df?logcode=p

Thanks for help so far again peeps! If it was down to me I would have any colour Corrado however the other half wants what she puts as a "normal" colour lol!

I have found this one on the Internet.......any chance people could tell me what they think of it?? They have offered me p/x with my Citroen c2 so is affordable fortunately!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211456895195/sort/default/usedcars/model/corrado/make/volkswagen/page/2/radius/1500/postcode/hg50df?logcode=p

Good that it has FSH, leather and decent mileage. Would check for supercharger service history.

I hate everything modified about it though, wing vent, alloys, steering wheel & gauge pods are terrible!

If you think the price they're offering on yours is good then it's defo worth a look. Pay very close attention to the respray though, overspray, door shuts etc.

I like the look of the one tutgareth has posted..

Yeah, I went to see the one I posted and it was completely awful, it looked like it had been in an rear accident and repaired with a different coloured tailgate hence the new re spray! They had a tent for spraying on site! On test drive the revs were completely flat and the car had no go, and that is on comparison with my 1.4 C2!! Please everyone avoid buying a car from junction 30 cars! They are really dodgy group of guys out to make plenty of money by selling diff motors!

Unfortunately the post thatntut_gareth posted was sold yesterday just before I emailed him about it! Still on the look out for one though!

Thanks for help so far again peeps ........