Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

charge cooling and water injection

right then now i've sorted out this computer i can finally put pictures on for all the world to see, :lol: hope you enjoy. note. isv reroute and catch tank.

looks good, i like the way the sensor sits in the top of the charge cooler and the isv re-route,

hows the chargecooler surported? are there any brackets holding it in place or are the hoses strong enough to hold it in place.

where abouts did you get your catch tank from?

did you notice any improvements fitting the chargecooler?

the catch tank is from the place in croydon stroeve or something, their a ton. :shock: if you know how to fabricate alloy you could make one up easily. the main problem i have is you get petrol, oily smells back in the car throu the fan intake, , the charge cooler heat exchanger is from a lotus esprite turbo, 8) with the water inj off i see 30'c intake temp, and with water on using 0.6mm jet it drops 20'c, its the summer months when it really shows , i use a ATC, gauge, ( actual charge temp), it's digital, the sensor sits in the throttle, and the screen is a perfect size to fit in the blaking plate above the fog switch, i'll get pictures, off boost and on,. i've seen some on ebay but they are different to mine, i got mine from albanes car clinic, out of performance ford mag, would you belive, all the cossie boys use them, i used to use a jabba sport charge cooler but it wasn't very good, i was concidering using the corrado g60 intercooler's heat exchanger and making that in to a charge cooler, if you can tig weld alloy it shouldn't be very hard and would be very efficent.

If you mix screen wash with your water injection it has better cooling properties than water.

50/50 mix is best and it stops carbon build up and it also has methanol in it :mrgreen:

i'm running it through the screen washer bottle, this way there's 4 litres plus in the system and keeps cooler for longer, i useed to had a small swirl pot but the total water content was so little the water couldn't loose the heat fast enough, and the cooler suffered from heat soak,, the washing liquid has suffient cooling properties in, the water in the water injection has 40/60 methtonal, i did use windscreen wash, but methonal is better. :lol: