KADVR6

windscreen sealant

noticed recently that the top corners of my winscreen rubbers are not glued in very well at all, it did before i got the car a new windscreen put in, but looks like they skimped on the sealant, so just been looking for a good sealant to fix it all down with.

what about this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIP-Power-Bond-S-Windscreen-MS-Polymer-Sealant-Bonder-Colour-Black-Colour-Blac-/320782580907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ab021bcab or any other ones worth buying??

karl

If you just wan to stick the trim down, i used Loctite 5910 sealant works very well, it is also a good sump gasket replacement.

Cant comment on the one you have listed but:

We use alot of sealants etc through my work and the best by far is wurth bond and seal adhesive it is the dogs danglies.

Dry in 3-4 hrs but -Best results leave for 24 hrs

Available on ebay

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by winchbietch

Cant comment on the one you have listed but:

We use alot of sealants etc through my work and the best by far is wurth bond and seal adhesive it is the dogs danglies.

Dry in 3-4 hrs but -Best results leave for 24 hrs

Available on ebay

Paul

ok thats good enough for me, i will order some straight away so cheers for that Paul.

Just make sure you wear gloves because it really does stick like **** to a blanket..

Pannel wipe / pre paint is the best stuff to wipe off the excess, just dont leave it more than about half an hr to wipe the excess off or ul have your work cut out :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as far as i know that seal isnt meant to be glued in, its just a tight press fit seal, if the top of the seal isnt a tight fit its more then likely down to the screen needing to be a mm or 2 higher in the channel which would make the top and the corners a tighter fit,

edit- might be worth trying a new seal if that seal has been removed a few times before , there still available from dealers

Edited by VW_OwneR_85