knight5651

Window full closure wiring

Hi all,

I've tried the search function but I can't find the answer I need.

I'm in the middle of wiring in a new alarm that I bought for the C, it's a scorpion SA30. Nothing fancy but it does the trick.

Got the remote central locking to work off the fob but the alarm also has a window closure function, and now I'm stuck lol. There is just one wire coming from the alarm. In the fitting instructions it's says 'window closer output (Neg)' and that's it so where would I wire this too or would I need another module to control the windows?

Any help would be great, cheers Alex

---------- Post added at 6:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:27 PM ----------

There is also a wire that's a negative output when the alarm is armed. Just out of interest could this be used for anything on a corrado? Just wondering because I'm going to remove any unwanted wires to keep it tidy.

I'm afraid I can't help with wiring 100% as I got an alarm fitter to do mine but heres my theory. On your door handle you have 3 wires, what I believe to be a positive feed and then 1 wire to lock the car and 1 wire to close the car, you can tell which one does which by bridging the wires or have a look at the wiring diagrams.

So my theory is, the window closure will be a 10-20 second output through the wire which may be adjustable in time length, what you will have to do is wire this to the 'locking' wire so it will do a similar operation to when you lock the car with the key and keep it in the lock position (closing all the windows, and sunroof if its a late rado). But like I said, thats only a theory!