vw_john

Squeek and Rattle Location

Was just thinking of the number one thing that annoyed me about my car, and its the amount of rattles and squeaks that are around intermittently and are impossible to find.

Just thought it would be good if people could write down where they found noises and how they fixed them to help others.

I'd like to start but I haven't found any of mine yet! :mad2:

Good luck finding them,theyre like trying to find a load of needles in a haystack!one i had was the rear shock used to creak every time i got out of the car. bit of sticky grease on the bump stop stopped that.

Haha, i have sprayed so much wd40 over most things and it still hasn't stopped them, found a rattle in the door. it was the door pin! :bonk:

Yeah, I put some rubber hose over the door pin rods where they pass through the metal of the door to stop them rattling!

mine has an EXCESSIVE rattle if you accelerate hard from 3k revs.. sounds like it's the clocks vibrating :shrug:

Its an iterative process. i located a few more under the top section of the steering cowl which would hit on the steering column. that said, i would start with the basics by removing panels where you can clearly hear some rattles and apply some sticky back felt. you will also find that some of the original felt will have worn through too, but that will also give you some ideas as to what to target too. post up where you are looking at and we can post some solutions so you dont have to keep repeating it.

To be quite honest if there is a rattle/squeak something is loose/missing or tired and needs replacing.

VW did not sell the Corrado with loads of squeaks and rattles so there should be none now. 99 times out of 100 you take off the panel or part which squeaks and there is a clip or bit of felt missing or worn through. Just take your time and work through them all.