tbvr6

What is the difference between VR6 slam panel (lock carrier) and other models?

In ETKA, the part number for the VR6 slam panel (lock carrier) is different. Does anyone know the differences? Is it the radiator mountings location or something else?

Yes, real pain as I need one, but those on eBay either do not state what they are off or wrongly state they will do for any model

I know the radiators are different sizes but not sure about the mounts, one thing I always look for to check if its a VR or not is a vertical piece of metal on the left hand side, well the one left of the centre part. On my VR it has a slight kink in it, whereas all the others I have seen are straight.

Also see this thread: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?54325-Random-Slam-panel-spot-the-difference-question

I believe this to be non VR

DSCN2438.jpg

What I believe to be a VR slam panel

slampanel.jpg

I have one in my mates garage going spare

Hi Robo, have you got any more details about this i.e. condition, price etc.

Cheers,

Tony

I know the radiators are different sizes but not sure about the mounts, one thing I always look for to check if its a VR or not is a vertical piece of metal on the left hand side, well the one left of the centre part. On my VR it has a slight kink in it, whereas all the others I have seen are straight.

Also see this thread: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?54325-Random-Slam-panel-spot-the-difference-question

I believe this to be non VR

DSCN2438.jpg

What I believe to be a VR slam panel

slampanel.jpg

Thanks swiftkid, that is really useful info.

Hi Tony its in chatham kent, it could do with a respray and straighting out a little where the courier dropped it!

Okay thanks, will bear it in mind if I cannot find anything else. I appreciate the offer though.

Tony

Also the non VR (early) slam panel has the little brackets for the horn which sits behind the grille on the early slam panels, but behind bumper on lates

Also the non VR (early) slam panel has the little brackets for the horn which sits behind the grille on the early slam panels, but behind bumper on lates
So are the VR6 ones different to the rest or is the difference between early and late models? After a slam panel for my 8v. Cheers

I THINK, i do say THINK, the late (VR) body was to accomodate the wider track width of the VR and the engine. I think this was adopted to all later models regardless of engine. e.g. the 8v i had, was all later panels.