keystarG60

Curious sunroof leak

Hi

This has got me stumped.

When i get in the car after heavy rain the headlining appears dry. But after I drive away (and particularly after i stop at junctions or go around a corner) lots of water drips in through the blind below the sunroof and also at the side of the headlining at the top of the A-pillars on both sides.

I've checked all four sunroof drain channels and they arent blocked. Water flows freely. And cant see any other obvious problems.

A new OEM sunroof seal has been fitted in the last few months and looks fine (although i appreciated that the seal isnt meant to prevent all water coming in).

Please please come to my rescue!!

Andrew

i would say sunroof drians are blocked but as you say you have checked them, hows about before you drive the car after a heavy down pour , just open the sunroof and from out side look at the drain tray to see if water has collected and not drained away?

Hi

I wondered about the ariel seal but assumed the water would emerge rear of the sunroof

Good idea to open it before setting off.

The only other thing i can think of is that I had a new windscreen fitted a month ago, but i dismissed it as a factor because of where the water is and because there was a minor leak in the same area before the new screen anyway