Llyr

Advice on possible Storm purchase

Hi Guys,

Would just like peoples opinions on this Corrado I've seen on ebay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230786846718?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Obviously it's not in the best of condition and needs a bit of work. Not much service history, apparently only a few receipts. MOT advisories are rear shocks and brake ferrules. And the obvious broken clutch, body work issues and holes in drivers seat.

I guess the question is, is it worth a pop, or has it just got too much work to do to it? I've seen another Storm for sale not needing much work for around 2k.

Would appreciate some opinions please. Auction finishes tonight!

Thanks,

Llyr

Welcome to the forum. Looks like it needs a lot of work to me... problem is those are just the known problems listed. There could be any number of other issues waiting within that car.

I'm surprised it's reached £720 already to be honest!

Thanks for the reply Jim, and having a look at the advert. Just on the look out for one at the moment - always wanted one.

Guess it's best to leave this one alone then...

Well you know, just keep your eyes open when you go into it. If you're the kind of person who works on cars, go for it. I doubt you'd be asking the question if you were, however, so maybe leave it for those that do.

On the other hand, the descriptuion says it just needs a clutch to be driveable. That's a lot of performance for almost no money...

As Jim says, surprised it's got to that amount, this will surely be broken for spares.

Far better looking at one thats roadworthy already as the amount you're going to have to spend to get that going will be phenomenal. :/

Some things to sort for whoever bought that if they want it to be tidy.