nino

what does the little vac pipe coming from airbox do?

its the thin one that goes from airbox to somewhere on engine, i took air box off and this was attached, dunno where it goes and whether its needed. cheers

oh car is an 89 g reg valver KR engine

There should be a little splitter it attaches to just behind the intake pipe to the throttle body iirc

Where abouts is it underneath the throttle body>? Cant see anywhere it connects to lol

Just went and had a look, and it actually connects to the bottom of the intake pipe, just before it connects to the throttle body. :o

Sean Youre a Star mate, could you please post up a pic , in fact hang on ill go have a look now, saves you going out to the car again. Much appreciated for your efforts pal.

No worries dude. It'll be hard to get a pic, as its pretty tight there but if you put your hand under you should be able to feel it. Will try if you need though mate.

Right ive got the pipe coning off the side and then there are some other pipes that are connected to a big thing ( sorry) and the pipes go to the inlet pipe just before the throttle body, ive tried feeling around for a nipple (!) for this pipe to attach to but theres nothing there bud. Ill put some pics up of what my bay looks like.

---------- Post added at 7:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:09 PM ----------

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

So the big black thing that has an electrical connector on it has a few vac pipes connected to it and one of them goues to under the inlet pipe, but the pipe that goes from the airbox looks like it should go somewhere but I cant find anywhere in the bay which has a spare connector. Weird

Give me 5 mins, battery is dead so will give it 5 to charge - should be enough for a couple of photos!

Right here we go! :dance:

Actually my chav blue silicon pipes make it easier to see, the one that goes from here

DSCF1140.jpg

Goes to here.

You can see two of em on the left, and one on the right. The one your looking at is on the right, although the two that are on the left, go to a 2-1 splitter and it also goes into the same place slightly behind where the one your after is located.

DSCF1142.jpg

If you trace the one from here.

DSCF1143.jpg

through the splitter you will see where it will go. It will probably be easier to remove the intake pipe to put it back on. Hope this kinda makes sense mate! :thumbleft:

Thats wicked Sean, really appreciate the effort.

---------- Post added at 8:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:15 PM ----------

Right , its sorted, picture of the places where they both go to, just in case anyone else has this issue. I still dont know what they both do , unless its to open the hot air pipe thingy in the airbox

DSC_0035.jpg

The two rubber pipes in the photo connect to the thermostatic control valve which senses air intake temp.

One pipe goes the engine side of the airbox to control air intake mix of cold air and hot air which is derived of the outside of the exhaust manifold (check it is intact and not dragging in cold air through a breakage).

The other pipe goes the fuel over-run cut off valve and a pressure diaphragm (disc unit). The pressure diaphragm controls the 5th injector (blue connection unit on the inet manifold) so that fuel is injected when the engine starts or when accelerating during the warm-up phase. It gets switched off when the coolant therm-switch senses a warm engine. The thermo-switch is located below the top radiator hose coupling coming off the front of the engine.

So if this lot doesn't work, you starting will be a long cranking of the engine rather than instant and you will have flat spots during the first 5minutes of warm-up of the engine.

oh , well i guess its better to have them connected. Thanks for the explanation mate, learn something new everyday.