carrots

strut tops on ebay

has anyone had any of the strut tops off ebay.mine are unipart and have been on about 12 months but ive got a clunk that sounds like its comeing from drivers strut top.so they must be knackerd already ,i want to try a differant make

I think part of the problem is most of the pattern early type/4cyl top mounts are mk2 pattern parts and not the heavier duty corrado/passat ones, they look the same but don't last 5 minutes, the best solution may be to change the spring top plates, bump stops and dust covers, top caps and nuts and fit VR/late 4cyl/mk3 GTI style top mounts (separate bearing and rubber type) but I'm not sure if you can use the same road springs, need to see the two side by side, or the spring top plates side by side.

Get a set of top mounts. Doesn't matter if they're pattern parts and pour a poly mix between the rubber and the metal cone on the top mount.

Someone did it on here believe it was one of the guys with a 20vt

yer its the bearing on mine i reckon,you can get a pair on ebay for about £23 just wonderd how crap they are

The last set I bought were from euro parts and they were genuine ones with the part numbers stamped in the rubber as they should be

I'm going to order some in to my dad's work and see which seem best if you can wait a bit. They get deliveries from gsf euros and others so I can compare and send back any that aren't up to scratch