Sign in to follow this  
del68

Help!!!!

I've just taken out the old Pioneer head that was in my C when I bought it, to replace with a nice modern Panasonic face off type head. Have the right molex adapters etc. but when I tried to turn the bloody thing on.....nothing, no power LED or anything, so refitted the Pioneer and exactly the same result. nothing. I've checked all the fuses and nothing is blown, so what could it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially as my singing voice is not one that others should be subjected to!

have another look at the wiring behind the head unit... there's often an inline fuse put behind there to protect the wiring in case the headunit goes faulty... 8)

I fitted a new panasonic to my mk 4 polo (not a corrado I know, but still a VW. It refud=sed to work, nor would the original Sony (incidentally the Sony and panasonic have the aux and permanant power reversed, this might cause youre problem). The fault turned out to be in the aux power supply from the ignition barrel.... Its dead. I had to rewire a new feed, until I get round to fitting a new lock barrel. I'm glad it didnt happen to the Storm though!

Have you got a test light mate?

On the block with 5 wires check the:

Yellow ( permenant feed )

Red ( ignition feed )

Black ( earth )

Then give us a shout back with the results, should just be something simple if it was working before.

Sorry it's been a while, family stuff! Right here we go again, got my hands on a multi meter and found no live feed with the ignition off. Only get a 12v line through the brown/red & brown when linked (black ISO positions 4 & 8 ) with the ignition turned on.

The only block with coloured wire corresponding to corradokid's post is the one from the new h/u.The black ISO from the car is wired as follows;

1=blue/white 2=

3= 4=brown/red

5=black 6=grey/blue

7=red/white 8=brown

The Panasonic h/u

A B

1= 1=

2= 2=yellow with m/f connector & inline fuse

3=blue 3=

4=red* 4=black

* with twin female connector for red+yellow depending on harness assembly.

My thoughts are that I've somehow managed to blow a wire or connection somewhere and ended up with the same prob as Storm Monkey. N ow I'm no sparks or grease monkey, how and where do I get a new feed through?

In the car:

1=blue/white = Speed sensor feed

2= = N/C

3= = N/C

4=brown/red = Ignition live

5=black = +12v to aerial amplifier (switched feed from head unit)

6=grey/blue = illumination feed (to turn on head unit illumination when the lights are switched on)

7=red/white = permanent live

8=brown = earth

Check your fuses carefully... the red/white should be a permanent live... :?

Hope this helps.... 8)

i've got a pioneer in mine and when i first fitted it i had to mess on loads with the perminant/ ignition power wires, IIRC, i had put both into the perminant power to get it to work. might help....thought my was broken to start with :?

When you fit head untis in vw's the power leads need to be swapped around, the red and yellow power wires coming out of the head unit need to be switched, i.e they are now red to red, yellow to yellow, they need to be red to yellow, red to yellow. Give that a try mate :lol:

It goes from bad to worse!!! I've just noticed today that my MFA clock, trip and total milage figures zero in both psitions 1 & 2 when the ignition is turned off. Also all digital displays are blank unless the ignition is on. Any one know a good auto sparks?