vwnutter

mobile auto electrician in surrey

Hi guys im in need of an auto electrician to remove an immobiliser from my C. Any good recomendations? i will need them to travel to me though as the immobiliser is jammed so I cant start the car to drive. its really annoying now!

I will look on google but wondered if anybody new anyone worth trying first.

any help appreciated

Mems

I assume you mean an aftermarket immobiliser? In which case they are a piece of p1ss to remove. Simply follow the wires and rejoin the ones which were cut. If it's the factory immobiliser on a 95 VR6, an auto sparky won't be able to delete it. That can only be done by changing the chip in the ECU.

cheers FishWick yes its aftermarket. didnt realise it was that simple. I know what i will be doing tonight then.

cheers

If you still need one then TrimWizard come out to Surrey and he's highly recommended. He removed my old alarm and installed my new one.

Thanks Portent, it was way too wet last night to start looking into it. hopefully ill get a hance this evening.

They normally tap into the starter motor and / or fuel pump relay wires, but you'll soon see what they did when you're under the dash!