Sign in to follow this  
g-spott

xenon

hello

I can buy some very cheap mercedes c class headlights with xenon and i was wondering if i can fit the xenon part in my corrado headlights.The mercedes headlights are complete with controle unit

My question is;can this be done and how do i wire it up,the controle unit has six connections and can i use just the lightbulb or do i have to use the lenses also...

thanks

"G60 - n. A small, mean little monster that eats money. Lives under the hood of many Corrados and some other VW automobiles. When you feed it lots of money, it stays happy; if you don't, it gets angry and breaks things."

Can't answer most of your questions but I do know that normal halogen headlights rely on the headlamp lens to perform at least some of the focusing of the light beam and xenons don't - hence use of clear headlamp lenses with xenon lights. The point is you shouldn't use xenon bulbs with say, normal C headlamp lenses. So it would be better to use the whole unit inlcuding the lenses or make your own clear lenses that don't affect the focussing of the beam.

Try this link - http://www.corrado-club.ca there is a part called "do it your self" or sth and there you will find how to rebuild front lights for xenons. Thougt that guy used lights from audi a4, but maybe you'll still find someting useful

i just bought some xenon krypton bulubs from the us and there 9004 type instead of H4's dont wanna send em back coz itll coast a bomb but i paid £15 for em. anyone got any ideas?

:roll:

yes....one headlight is ready i found a great site with lots of info about hid conversion

the bat. of my cam is empty now so i'll take some pics later

the brightness of the light is realy amazing

http://www.hidforum.com that's the site i lookt on

BTW guys HID kits are illegal unless fitted with Auto (not manual) leveling and Headlight washes

In holland only new cars need to be fitted with auto leveling and headlights washes.I asked a friend of mine who works in a garage and he does apk check's(same as mot)and anothere friend of mine is a cop and she sad that they don't check those thing's

I don't realy know

The lights them self are not that expansif(i payed 100 euro for them)but the amount off time i put in them to make it right is high

aprox.20 h a headlight

but if you are a little bit handy you can make them your self.There is always a first time.And i had allot of help from this forum.

http://www.hidforum.com have a look there

Allot of people did it themself you don't have to be a genius to do it

unfortunatly, i think if i got into it i would probably break something... how about i give you 200 euro for a pair. you will be getting 100 euro just for the labor. i will also pay for shipping. how does that sound?