Johnny H

New Suspension Wanted, Help Needed Please

HI Guys.

I'm on the look out for new suspension now cause one of my rear springs has sag alot now i think.

I would like Coilovers but have a low budget of about £200-£250 top.

At the mo it has Koni non adjustable (yellow ones) but i know havent got enough money spare for koni with a baby due in 5 weeks.

Can anyone recommend any good ones for that money.

I have seen these ones :- http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=suspension&product=AKStreetCoilovers&make=VW&model=Corrado

Thanks Johnny

---------- Post added at 4:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:24 PM ----------

Just seen these aswell:- http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=11993&manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension

Will the extra £200 be worth it.

i.e will they be more comfortable??

will they last longer??

Are they better made??

Thanks Guys

Edited by Johnny H

" buy cheap buy twice" " you pay for what you get" those two sayings allways haunt me when ever i need to buy anything over £100 car related,

is there anything wrong with the current dampers? if there still good and no signs of oil leakage, just replace the springs and top mounts, or if its just one side thats a little lower check the top mount, or do you want adjustable suspension so you can play with the ride hieght etc?

i went with weitec hicon , £450.00 so there not expensive but there not on the cheap cheap scale,

Im happy with what I've got it's just 1 side has dropped and I don't know much about fixing cars.

I wouldn't know where to start when looking to fix them.

If I can I would like to fix them and spend the money on something else.

How could I tell what needs to be fixed??

Thanks Johnny

so the problem you have is that one side on the rear sits lower then the other?,

it could be as easy as replaceing the top mounts,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-2-9i-12v-VR6-92-95-REAR-TOP-STRUT-Mounting-Kit-RH-FSM5118-/260912596177?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbf9a44d1

jack it up and have a good look at the spring and its perch and basicly make sure it all looks healthy, check the other side to make sure sure both springs are the same , make, condition etc etc ,

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Yeah that right mate.

I did have a good look to see if the spring had snapped and it look looked find to me.

I hope you might be right, that could save me £££££.

Is there a way to see if the mounts need changing??

i think the easyiest way to tell maybe is by looking in the back of the car at the topmounts there , your have to remove the speaker trim peices that the parcel shelf sits on and pull back the carpet slightly, only real way to tell is by removeing it as the main one isnt realy visible unless its off, otherwise compare them both against each other, from looking at the top,wont take long to look at,