easypops

Aux water pump leaking (i think)...No it's Not :)

Driving home from work yesterday i thought i saw a wee bit of smoke/steam escape from the bonnet. Once i got into my street i had a load escaping from the drivers side, i had visions of it bursting into flames at any moment. Parked it up rather quickly and got the fire extinguisher out of the garage.Popped the bonnet but couldn't see anything?

Had a look underneath and spotted something was dripping. Then life(new baby) took over and i had to leave it until today. Had a while free earlier and had a wee look. Brake fluid ok, power steering fluid ok, oil ok, so had a look at the coolant. It was down but not too much? Topped it up and drove round to the bookies(5mins) and when i stopped, a wee bit of steam and more dripping. Drove back home and parked it up again. Had a search on here and i'm fairly sure its the aux water pump as it seems to have stopped leaking when its not running? And it seems to have steam cleaned a section underneath it :lol:

Long winded story, but i like a bit of background :)

So, where can i get one of these? Dealer? elsewhere? anyone know the cost? Any point buying a second hand one? Same part on later golfs etc?

Anyone got a good/new one they'd like to sell?

TIA

Martin :)

Edited by easypops

Got a genuine Bosch from German eBay for about 80 quid delivered.

I posted up a thread about it the other month. Check our my previous threads :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers Pete,

I'll have a wee look.

Might not be that as I had a look there and it seems now that it's the pipe that comes from the matrix to the head, just to the left of the aux pump, seems to be leaking at the clamp. I'll have an autopsy later as I need to cut the grass :lol:

Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything, j :)

Thanks mate, I have just cut the end of the offending pipe, pretty rotten it was too? Had a bit of a bulge at the back of it. Anyway it seems no worse for being a wee bit shorter. Gonna go put for a spin for 10 mins to see if it's ok.

I can see a meet/ fix it day on the horizon :)

Thanks mate, I have just cut the end of the offending pipe, pretty rotten it was too? Had a bit of a bulge at the back of it. Anyway it seems no worse for being a wee bit shorter. Gonna go put for a spin for 10 mins to see if it's ok.

I can see a meet/ fix it day on the horizon :)

Yeah, sounds like a plan!