bristolbaron

Bristolbaron's R32 Corrado - New owner - clumpy1!!!

Over the past few weeks i'd been in talks with a potential new owner of my car.

He's a forum member, having purchased a G60 earlier in the year. Behind the scenes we've been doing a lot of work on putting together a PX deal and last night met up on the M6 to do the exchange. James is a great guy and very proud new owner of J160 XAR.

And I still get to keep a Corrado :lol: I'll start a build thread for the new one soon and no doubt James will post up here once he's recovered from his 600+ mile round trip down from Scotland! Until then, here's the last couple of pics from change over evening.

James - great meeting you in person last night, hope the journey home wasn't too tiring! The G60 performed well on the way home, looking forward to getting the bits and bobs sorted. You have to be a proper car nut to take on a car at this level, I salute you. :salute::salute::salute:

295222_10151043165291769_97987804_n.jpg

564306_10151043165421769_1738340430_n.jpg

423649_10151043165556769_1470199129_n.jpg

Glad you have had a good deal for the car. A lot of good Corrado's seem to be heading up North at the moment. At least you still have a C for berkeley castle at the end of the month.

Wow - TSW Venoms! Surely they've gone round and come back into fashion now Baz? ;)

Glad to hear you've still got a Corrado and that the R32 has gone to a good home - must have been tough letting that one go!

Thanks for the comments!

It's tough letting it go in a sense, but also great to know it's going to someone who's properly going to love it.

Part of me is gutted to see it go so soon, I never even took it to a national show just local meets. It's an awesome awesome car, but not having a garage at home means it just wasn't getting used as much as it should have been, or getting in my way spurring me on to finish bits and bobs off.

The G60 has had some amazing engine work done, but styling wise there's a bit I want to change, but that's the stuff I'm good at so I'm looking forward to checking off a list. I'm under no illusion that this car won't stay for life either, but i'm defo going to have some fun with it first.. anyway, that's for the next thread!

Cheers,

Baz

Over the past few weeks i'd been in talks with a potential new owner of my car.

He's a forum member, having purchased a G60 earlier in the year. Behind the scenes we've been doing a lot of work on putting together a PX deal and last night met up on the M6 to do the exchange. James is a great guy and very proud new owner of J160 XAR.

And I still get to keep a Corrado :lol: I'll start a build thread for the new one soon and no doubt James will post up here once he's recovered from his 600+ mile round trip down from Scotland! Until then, here's the last couple of pics from change over evening.

James - great meeting you in person last night, hope the journey home wasn't too tiring! The G60 performed well on the way home, looking forward to getting the bits and bobs sorted. You have to be a proper car nut to take on a car at this level, I salute you. :salute::salute::salute:

295222_10151043165291769_97987804_n.jpg

564306_10151043165421769_1738340430_n.jpg

423649_10151043165556769_1470199129_n.jpg

I am rather tired from the drive mate but what a drive This car as Baz said is amazing it kept up with an R8 on m6 last night and dispatched with ease other rather quick cars i do have some plans for it mainly cosmetic Baz has done so well so far but i'm sure everyone on the forum know's how hard it can be at times to try and give the time to the cars we have a passion for with other commitments work etc.I myself have been a valeter in the past and like to think i can do a good detail on a car which is what is required with J160XAR i will strive to make it look the best it possibly can. Thanks Baz it's nice to buy a car from someone who is honest and tells you everything upfront . Top Man:notworthy::notworthy:

Nice one! Everyone's a winner 8) As you say, the R32 is an absolute cracker- I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

Nice one! Everyone's a winner 8) As you say, the R32 is an absolute cracker- I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

Thanks i have owned various cars over the years with various amounts of power one being 330 turbo power This is a totally different animal you get the initial torque and acceleration then it decides to throw in more with the vvt and really starts to fly. I'm not saying it's a cheap way to travel but then if that's what i wanted i would have bought a 1.0 litre ecoflex corsa (Don't think so!!):scrambleup: Something like that.

So this what you've bought, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :cool:

Don't know if i can afford to drive all the way up to St Andrews now Bill (only kidding) You can see if you like the wheels in the flesh. I know the way some people like the oem way of doing things but sometimes throw in something a bit left field and it suprises (Porsche are part of the vw group after all):g60: now R32