KIPVW

VR6 hub nut size?

Hi All,

does anyone know what size the splined hub nut is on the VR6? got up to 24 but it's way too small.

Thanks!

Cheers Tom, just looked at the new bearing kit from VW and it has a standard 6 sided nut in the box with it.

Do people fit these instead now???? or try and order another splined/multihex one. Dont want to re-use the old one really.

4 stud versions have a six sided nut so i cant see why you cant use your new ones

Seems strange....the genuine VW wheel bearing kits for VR6's that I've used have all had multihex hub nuts in them - I was under the impression that only the 4-stud cars use the single hex nut.

Mk4 Golfs (5 stud) all use the multihex nut and I know the mk3 GTi and VR6 (5 stud) all do too, might be worth having a word with VW about that as its possible they've given you the wrong bearing...maybe?

may be best to stick with the bi hex nut if there on all 5 stud versions,i guess theres more material in a bi hex nut so may well be stronger.

Bugger! i bet it's me who's written the wrong number down of etka but the number on the box is, 357 498 625 B is that correct for VR6? if anyone coulc confirm that'd be good.

Thanks.

No, I can't remember the VR6 number off the top of my head but it should start with a 1H0 code as the Corrado VR6 uses Mk3 Golf wheel bearings (mk3 Golf VW code is 1H)

I'll try to get the right number for you....bear with me

---------- Post added at 9:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:06 PM ----------

Yep - 4 stud wheel bearings are 357498625B

5 stud wheel bearings are 1H0498625

Hope that helps...

Bugger! i bet it's me who's written the wrong number down of etka but the number on the box is, 357 498 625 B is that correct for VR6? if anyone coulc confirm that'd be good.

Thanks.

According to Vagcat that is the Part Nr for the 16v version, for the VR6 it is listed as 1H0 498 625.

Ian.

Yep my fault Doh! will see if i can return them. thanks for the part number info guys. :salute:

Yeah, you got a non-plus suspension kit... the bearing itself is now the same part but you need the extra circlip.

about the nuts - the 6 sided one can be used but I prefer the 12 sided as it has a built in washer - if you do use the 6 sided, you must buy a washer from VW, without it you'll knacker the bearing!

Cheers for the info Steve, i'll probably keep them for the nugget and get some new ones ordered then for the VR.

Thanks all.